Laura Mvula has had a rough ride in the music industry, despite being one of our most visionary homegrown talents. I absolutely love her latest record, Pink Noise, which takes the familiar sounds of the '80s and paints them with a fresh coat of emotion. The voice, the visuals, the ballads and the bops – this album has it all. It was a real joy to talk to Laura for The Line of Best Fit. Article out today!
“It’s fascinating to me how music just goes on growing and adapting within itself, regardless of whatever terrible things are going on in the world. The power of music is connection."
1. 'Don’t Stop 'Til You Get Enough' by Michael Jackson
2. 'To Zion' by Lauryn Hill
3. 'Black Skinhead' by Kanye West
4. 'Fantasy' by Earth, Wind & Fire
5. 'String Quartet in G minor Op. 10' by Debussy
6. 'On & On' by Erykah Badu
7. 'I Thank You God For Most This Amazing Day' by Eric Whitacre
8. 'Baba Yetu (The Lord’s Prayer)' by Black Voices
9. 'All Blues' by Miles Davis