The last time I was due to interview Martha Wainwright, in 2012, I had to drop out at short notice and send one of the other writers at Wears The Trousers to ask my questions for me. So when The Line of Best Fit offered me a second chance this summer, I had to grab it. Finally, after 18 years of being a fan, I got it done.
"Some of the songs I’ve written for this new record are about death and getting older. Not in a doom and gloom way, but almost being excited about it - or at least not so afraid of it. Like, I’m not hoping that it comes. I’m just sort of snuggling up to it." – M.W.
1. “What’ll I Do?” by Irving Berlin, from The McGarrigle Hour
2. 'Hear Now' by Snowblink feat. Feist
3. 'Both Sides Now' by Joni Mitchell
4. 'She's a Mystery to Me' by Roy Orbison
5. 'Forever Young' by Bob Dylan
6. 'Life'll Kill Ya' by Warren Zevon
7. 'The Lobby' by Jane Siberry
8. 'Middle of the Lake' by Martha Wainwright
9. 'This One's For The Ladies (That Lunge!)' by Rufus Wainwright